Bucklands Beach Yacht Club offers a wide range of facilities to accomodate its membership, club events, private functions, Weddings, Funerals and even Business meetings. Click on the images below for more info on each room.
If you have an event in mind get in touch and see how we can help.
or 09 534 3046
Bucklands Beach Yacht Club was formed in 1949 by a few hardy pioneering centreboarders who were looking for a base for their racing which had started back in the early 1930s.
Facilities were somewhat basic in those early years. The first clubhouse was an 8ft x 6ft plywood box that was kept behind the post-office and carried to the beach each Saturday! The first clubrooms were built at Grangers Point in the 1950s, and officially opened in 1968, along with a haulout reclamation. The original building is still in use for race control and as a base for centreboard activities. The haulout is used throughout the winter for boat maintenance.
Back in 1975 the club presented an acceptable Clubhouse design, by Alan Warwick, to the Manukau City Council which was accepted by council who assisted with funding. Committees were organised and, after raising the required finance, the building of the present clubhouse was started in 1981. A 100-berth marina was added in 1987, and the club improved by further extensions and a major kitchen upgrade. To those in the know, the bar and bistro restaurant are often referred to as “the best kept secret in Auckland”.
Bucklands Beach Yacht Club has grown to become the biggest family club in New Zealand. The club is justifiably proud of its achievements, having come a long way in a very short time and becoming an integral part of the community that it serves. Were those early pioneers to see how their dream has turned out they would be suitably impressed.